Pay Raises for His Staff to Keep Them From Walking? Keep Them Quiet?
COOKING UP SOME CONTROVERSY! Mayor de Blasio dishes out $2M in raises to staff — including his chef — as poll numbers keep plummeting amid scandals (NYDN)
De Blasio helps cronies but slashes pay for Bloomberg hires (NYP) *
Why City Hall staffers are getting big pay raises (NYP) The Mayor’s Office essentially admits the problem: The payouts are needed to “retain skilled staff,” it argues. But maybe the sums wouldn’t need to be as much if staffers better liked working for this administration.Start with the fact that Hizzoner is facing as many as seven different investigations into his team’s actions, including the Rivington nursing-home flap and his fund-raising for state Senate races. Then there are the reports of the mayor humiliating and upbraiding staffers at meetings and in “teachable moments.” And, of course, his ailing poll numbers and the (well-deserved) criticism of his mayoralty from so many voices (like ours). Refugees include Deputy Mayor Lilliam Barrios-Paoli, Press Secretary Karen Hinton and his short-lived social-media director. Environmental Commissioner Emily Lloyd, Sustainability Director Nilda Mesa and counsel Maya Wiley also gave notice.
The Keys to the Intelocking Directorates of the Mayor’s Fund Raising Pay to Play Governing Campaigning Scam Bharara & FBI Investigating Chart
1. Reichberg raised money for the mayor in 2013, held a fund raiser for his Campaign for One NY PAC $9,900 to the in addition, Rechnitz was one of the biggest bundlers for de Blasio’s campaign, raking in more than $40,000 from contributors. *** 2. Reichberg donated $50,000 to de Blasio’s Campaign for One New York — Hizzoner made his first visit to
after taking office in 2014 to
Reichberg’s million-dollar-plus home for a Campaign for One New York
fund-raiser Hizzoner also does not plan to return the $50,000 that went
to the Campaign for One New York. *** 3. Election lawyer Lawrence Mandelker works for the
mayor;s Campaign for One NY PAC 4. Mandelker works for the mayor campaign
committee 5. Mandelker
represented the Advance Group on its Illegal work in the race that made Mark-Viverito
the council speaker before the AG, CFB and Conflict Board Borough Park
6. The the CFB, AG and Conflict of Interest Board made the Council Speaker and Advance paid a small fine for the illegal work done by Advance Group 7,8.9,10 The mayor and Council Speaker pick all the members on the CFB and Conflict of Interest Board 11. Nislick & Neu had meeting w/ mayor 3 days after $100K donation to CONY #CarriageGate 12. Neu and Nislick donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to NYCLASS PAC that destroyed Quinns mayoral campaign Anti-horse-carriage lobbyists Steve Nislick and Wendy Neu have donated $125,000 combined to de Blasio’s nonprofit CONY — which doesn’t fall under campaign-finance law restrictions — and landed three meetings with Hizzoner through August. The huddles included a March 2 meeting that occurred three days after the lobbyists gave the nonprofit $50,000 each.
13. The Advance Group Scott Levinson ran the NYCLASS PAC. Levinson took a Job with Nislick company Edison Parking 6 days after de Blasio was elected as mayor 14. The leaders Berlin Rosen state off working for AG Schneiderman and have worked as political consultants for all of his recent campaigns These public affairs firms, such as BerlinRosen, are not obligated to register as lobbyists — even though critics say they could be perceived as doing lobbying work because they have clients with business before City Hall while also having easy access to deBlasio. BerlinRosen, for instance, has overseen communications strategies for One New York, while also counting real estate developers — Forest City Ratner Companies, SL Green Realty and Two Trees Management — among its clients. Two Trees Management, the developer behind the Domino Sugar redevelopment project, donated $100,000 to One New York
15. Red Horse works for the Campaign for One NY 16. Red Horse Works for the follow DAs Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island and
Manhattan 17. John Wilhelm, labor leader and cousin of Mayor de
Blasio, avoids questions about role in $175K donation to NYCLASS that funded
anti-Christine Quinn campaigners 18. de
Blasio Appointed His Campaign Treasure Mark Peters Commission of DOI 19. GiftGate’s
Jona Rechnitz, was a bundler for the mayor’s 2013 election campaign, collecting
checks from others that totaled $41,650 and, with his wife, personally
contributing another $9,900 in October 2013. At the time, Peters was de
20. Lobbyists James Capalino is a target of an federal investigation of the sale of Riverington Nursing Home that had its deed changes by City Hall. Capalino – who records show had at least two other private meetings with the mayor through May of last year – led all city lobbyists in 2014, collecting $8.2 million in client fees. City records for the first nine months of last year show he’s on pace to topple that number, amassing nearly $8.3 million in fees — or nearly double the $4.6 million his firm amassed all of 2013 during the last year of the Bloomberg administration. His dozens of new clients include Uber, which wants to avoid further city-imposed regulations as it competes with the yellow-cab industry. It paid Capalino $150,000 the past two years to push its agenda.
21. Capalino’s firm gave de Blasio’s nonprofit Campaign for One New York $10,000 in May — and the next day was granted face-time with the mayor at City Hall to discuss a City Council bill to eliminate chopper tours at the Downtown Manhattan heliport. Lobbyist who steered$50,000 to Mayor de Blasio turned Lower East Sidenursing home into luxury condos (NYDN) A powerful lobbyist steered $50,000 in donations to Mayor de Blasio after pressing the city for a deed change that allows one of his clients to turn a building restricted for use as a nursing home into luxury condos. Since October lobbyist James Capalino has collected $40,000 in checks for de Blasio's 2017 re-election bid and personally wrote a $10,000 check in May to Campaign for One New York, the non-profit de Blasio uses to promote his causes. 22. Allure's Landau Contributed $5000 to de Blasio's 2013 Campaign Allure Group official Joel Landau reportedly donated nearly $5,000 to de Blasio’s 2013 mayoral campaign; the Mayor says he’ll return the donation. [AMNY] Jona Reichberg donated $50,000 to de Blasio’s Campaign for One New York — and he and his wife shelled out the maximum of $9,900 to the mayor’s 2013 campaign, records show. Rechnitz handed $102,000 to the Dems, records show. The party’s effort ultimately failed.
23 Capalino has rounded up $29,260 for the mayor’s re-election in 2017 and donated $10,000 to the Campaign for One New York, the non-profit that’s raised more than $4.3 million to back de Blasio’s agenda.” 24 Capalino clients Two Trees, Toll Brothers, Asphalt Green, Brookfield Properties and Douglaston Development also contributed to the Campaign for One New York. 25. Jona Rechnitz, who sources said was “always bragging” about his political connections, attended the Gracie Gala Dinner, a fund-raiser, last October. He donated $50,000 to de Blasio’s Campaign for One New York — and he and his wife shelled out the maximum of $9,900 to the mayor’s 2013 campaign, records show. The duo served together on the mayor’s inauguration committee. Hizzoner made his first visit to
after taking office in 2014 to Reichberg’s million-dollar-plus home. There,
Reichberg hosted a Campaign for One New York fund-raiser. Filings show the
group took in $35,000 that day. Borough Park
26.. Bill Hyer HillTop de Blasio;s Campaign Consultant in 2013 Represents Fortis the Developer of the LICH Hospital Site that de Blasio got arrested for as a campaign prop promising to keep the hospital open during the 2013 campaign. Hyers also worked for Campaign for One NY 27 Red Horse work for the Campaign for One NY and 4 Out of 5 of the City’s Das 28. Berlin Rosen who worked for Campaign for One NY Stated Out Working for the AG and has run all of his recent campaigns 29. Sid Davidoff, another longtime de Blasio pal and fundraiser, got a face-to-face meeting with deBlasio in September 2014 to discuss his client, Hunts Point Terminal Market. Six months later, the mayor announced plans for a $150 million infrastructure upgrade there. Besides seeing his company’s City Hall work jump from $2.1 million during the last two years of the Bloomberg administration to $4.2 million 1 ¾ years into the de Blasio administration, Davidoff scored another private business session last May with de Blasio to discuss a “civil rights museum,” records show. He even convinced Hizzoner in April 2014 to perform his first City Hall wedding and marry him and his bride, Daily News columnist Linda Stasi \
30. On Jan.11, de Blasio’s longtime mentor, Ickes, helped client AEG Live score a controversial permit to host a Coachella-style major music festival on Randall’s
Island — on the same day he bundled
$13,000 in donations for the mayor’s re-election campaign. Besides AEG
Live, which shelled out $150,000 in fees, Ickes’ other clients include
Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1181-1061, which spent $42,000 before Ickes
delivered $42 million in taxpayer funds to boost private bus driver salaries. 31 Teachers
union paid $370K to fake consultant The United Federation of Teachers' payments
to an apparently fictitious consulting firm raises new questions about the
Advance Group's actions in the 2013 elections. 32. The Advance Group was Fined by the CFB for working for Councilmembers Levine and Cumbo at the same time they were working for the UFT
PAC United for the Future 33. All
the council candidate that Red Horse worked for got mailing from the UFT’s
United for the Future PAC that Red Horse Also Worked for 34 Berlin
Rosen worked for the UFT the same time that they ran several candidates funding
by the UFT’s PAC United for the Future.
In 2009 Berlin Rosen worked for several candidates that got campaign
help from Data and Field that the CFB ruled was a illegal campaign arm of the
WFP not a private company. de Blasio
also got funded by Data and Field.
35. de Blasio after he was elected mayor work to elect Mark-Viverito as speaker of the City Counci 36 Rechnitz and his wife each donated the maximum $4,950 to de Blasio’s campaign, which the mayor has said he would return. 37 De Blasio’S Astoria Cove Deal Looks ALot Like Bloomberg 38. de Blasio campaign treasurer Richard Offinger was also once treasurer of Campaign for One New York 39. Two Trees gave $100,000 to the Campaign for One New York